How can businesses effectively balance sustainability with profitability? In this episode, we dive deep into the world of energy transition, exploring the four key levers that can drive enterprise value and sustainable energy objectives. We dissect the top lever, onsite energy, maximizing generation and storage while optimizing grid interaction. Next, we explore the realm of energy efficiency, from electrification to behavior change, highlighting its often underestimated potential. Moving down the inverted triangle, we explain the significance of offsite energy through virtual power purchase agreements, and finally, delve into carbon accounting, a crucial component in reducing emissions and differentiating businesses in today’s evolving landscape.
Tune in to discover why many businesses are still in the early stages of energy efficiency adoption, as well as why it’s crucial to research and invest wisely. We also address the challenges faced by businesses as they navigate the complex energy transition landscape, providing guidance on evaluating options and making choices that align with their unique needs and objectives. We’ll equip you with valuable insights to make informed energy decisions, ultimately driving enterprise success.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The four big levers that can be pulled to achieve our energy objectives.
- What onsite energy entails.
- What energy efficiency is.
- How offsite energy works.
- What carbon accounting means.
- Why we shouldn’t compromise profit for sustainability.
- How to know where to start with energy transition.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “We need to constantly take care of our bodies so we can be more resilient.” – Dan Roberts
- “It’s super important to think about the enterprise value and consider where the greatest return on investment for the business is going to be. Sustainability should not be at the expense of profitability.” – Gareth Evans
- “Energy efficiency alone can really help the energy transition, but then by deploying your own generating and storage assets, you are creating huge enterprise value.” – Gareth Evans
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Gareth Evans: LinkedIn
- Dan Roberts: LinkedIn
- VECKTA: News
- Pack Expo Las Vegas
- North American International Auto Show
- Innovation Day 2023
- Greenwashing or Doing it Right?
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…