Designing with utmost efficiency is probably one of the biggest goals out there, especially when it comes to homes, transportation, and industrial equipment. Today we are joined by one of the original drivers of the solar movement to talk about all things innovation and design. Steve Heckeroth is the Founder and Chief Innovation Officer of Solectrac, one of the leading providers of electric tractors for the agriculture industry.
Listen in as Steve discusses some of the biggest hurdles he has seen and dealt with in the solar and clean energy industry. You’ll hear his best advice when it comes to dealing with setbacks, negative campaigns, and putting research to good use. He also talks about how he has tackled some of the industry’s biggest issues over the years, as well as how he sees efficiency solutions growing and developing across industries—and even in day-to-day life.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why Steve dedicated his life to finding alternatives to fossil fuels.
- Why we need to improve our connection to the earth.
- The importance of how we interact with plants and agriculture.
- How Steve stays connected and implements efficiency into his lifestyle.
- How he started to work in developing EVs.
- The battle between certain industries and interests in the agriculture and transportation spaces.
- The power of “energy plus” homes.
- Combatting the arguments against EVs.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Fossil fuels have done nothing but make our lives less connected. And if I could do anything to improve our lives, it would be to improve our connection with the earth.” – Steve Heckeroth
- “There are 100x more fires from combustion engines than from electric batteries, and if you use lithium iron phosphate (LFPs), they don’t burn.” – Steve Heckeroth
- “If I had to say one thing about designing anything, it’s about making it as efficient as possible.” – Steve Heckeroth
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…