Will Wells, venture partner, investor, advisor, and cancer survivor, joins the show today to share his journey and the transformational experience that inspired the creation of his start-up, Hummingbird Technologies Ltd. In this episode, Will candidly talks about the challenges and lessons learned from his entrepreneurial endeavors, shedding light on the intricacies of raising funds, navigating existential crises, and the importance of wise financial management in the startup landscape.
Listen in as he opens up about his ideas on the renewable and sustainable energy industry and the critical need for climate companies to offer solutions that outperform existing ones—while remaining cost-effective. You will hear his thoughts on overcoming challenges in the climate-smart industry and making sustainable solutions more accessible. Will’s story is a testament to the resilience needed in the startup world and the potential for innovation to drive positive change in science and climate action, so don’t miss it!
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Will became interested in science, healthcare, and the climate.
- How his battle with cancer changed his life.
- What inspired Hummingbird Technologies Ltd.
- What the business exit was like for Will.
- The importance of learning from your mistakes.
- The challenges of growing a start-up.
- How we can solve the issues the climate-smart industry is facing.
- How to make climate-smart solutions more accessible.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Raising money is not always hard. Raising money with the right people is hard. Raising money at the right time and then spending it wisely is even harder.” – Will Wells
- “Every start-up goes through 2-3 existential crises in their life cycle.” – Will Wells
- “Climate companies need to provide solutions that are better than existing ones—and preferably cheaper, as well.” – Will Wells
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…