Today we continue our conversation about financing onsite energy solutions with James Coombes, Founder and Director of Painted Rock Capital Group. In this episode, James shares the possibilities within tax credit-based financing and the impact of power purchase agreements (PPAs). James delves into the intricacies of obtaining a PPA, shedding light on the benefits it brings and the importance of upfront planning and conversation.
Listen in to hear how due diligence can lead to significant pivots, avoiding roadblocks down the line. You will learn about the typical length of a PPA, key components of a lease, and the distinctions between a PPA and a lease. James also shares valuable insights on building chemistry with investors, ensuring a good fit for your specific project size and location.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What a power purchase agreement is.
- How to get a power purchase agreement.
- What benefits a power purchase agreement brings.
- The typical length of a PPA.
- Some of the key components of a lease.
- The risk of ownership.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “A little more front-end planning and conversation can create a big pivot rather than going a long way down the road and realizing that the structure you were looking at, you can’t get approved for.” – James Coombes
- “With a true PPA, you are paying for power used, so that has a guarantee baked into it.” – James Coombes
- “Do your due diligence and make sure you’re building chemistry with an investor who has a good track record of doing your specific size and location of projects.” – James Coombes
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- James Coombes: LinkedIn
- Painted Rock Capital Group
- Gareth Evans: LinkedIn
- Dan Roberts: LinkedIn
- VECKTA: News
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…