Today we sit down with Nick Firestone, the Chief Operating Officer of Firestone Walker Brewing Company. This renowned brewery has not only embraced the energy transition, but also woven it seamlessly into its corporate culture. In this episode, Nick shares the company’s commitment to community involvement, the importance of high-quality ingredients in beer production, and their unwavering dedication to ethical resource management. Discover the innovative steps Firestone Walker Brewing Company has taken to reduce waste, reuse and recycle, all while crafting exceptional brews.
Listen in to hear about their sustainable energy initiatives, including the utilization of solar power, and gain insights into their relentless pursuit of efficiency. You’ll learn how they harmonize people, profit and the planet, ensuring that sustainability isn’t just a logo, but a cornerstone of their long-term business strategy. Nick also opens up about the challenges they’ve encountered while implementing these efficiency and sustainability systems, providing valuable lessons for businesses of all types and sizes.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Firestone Walker Brewing Company came to be.
- How they ensure ethical resources for their product.
- The steps they’ve put in place to reuse and recycle.
- How they minimize their waste.
- What they do to focus on efficiency.
- The importance of having a long-term plan.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “As a manufacturing plant, you have to have a 5-year or 10-year plan.” – Nick Firestone
- “Solar has been a really great project for us, and by the end of the year, we will probably be 100%.” – Nick Firestone
- “For us, sustainability is not just the logo. It is also running a sustainable long-term business that is healthy.” – Nick Firestone
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…