How can we help the renewable energy industry break the norms and drive towards a more sustainable future? In this episode, Eoghan Quinn, Vice President of Power & New Energy at Worley, joins us to share invaluable lessons learned. He takes us on a captivating personal journey, recounting his early diagnosis of type 1 diabetes and how it propelled him to undertake a remarkable mission of delivering vital medical supplies, like insulin, through grueling bicycle expeditions spanning thousands of kilometers. Through this endeavor, he gained a profound understanding of global interconnectedness and the unity of purpose that binds humanity.
As he addresses the gradual yet transformative progress within the renewable energy sector, he instills a sense of excitement about its future possibilities. Listen in as he highlights the need for change and the pressing urgency created by escalating global temperatures. Eoghan also breaks down the need to challenge supply chains, catalyze advancements, and wield the power of discomfort to drive essential conversations forward. You’ll learn about the potential for personal impact and the unwavering journey toward a sustainable tomorrow.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why Eoghan is so passionate about new energy.
- The importance of breaking the norm in energy.
- How connected we are across the world.
- The importance of remembering that the energy transition will take time.
- Why it is essential to get everyone on board with renewables now.
- What gets Eoghan most excited about the future of renewable energy.
- How you can make a difference today.
- Why you shouldn’t second-guess how much of an impact your words can make.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “It’s important to remember that we are all pushing in the same direction.” – Eoghan Quinn
- “Although we hear that things are not moving fast enough in the renewable energy space, things are happening and they will continue to happen, but it takes time.” – Eoghan Quinn
- “Remain on a consistent path to where you want to go and be willing to adapt along the way.” – Eoghan Quinn
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…