Today we are joined by Uma Gopaldass, an energy transition expert and Board of Directors member for VECKTA, who also runs her own company, Leading Lotus LLC. In this episode, we dive into Uma’s unique journey, exploring how her background and growing up in Singapore influenced her passion for the energy transition. With a critical eye on education, Uma shares her insights on why she believes education is the cornerstone for building a highly productive nation.
Uma’s story offers powerful lessons in seizing opportunities without hesitation, the financial aspects of transitioning to renewable energy and the concept of the circular economy. Discover the strategies needed to make the transition more sustainable, localized, and community-driven, without compromising profitability. Education, Uma emphasizes, is the linchpin, ensuring a future where everything we use goes back to be used again, ultimately leading to a more sustainable, self-supporting community.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What Uma is most passionate about.
- How Uma’s background impacted her choice of work today.
- The value in taking opportunities as they arise.
- How making energy more community-driven may be the answer to the energy transition.
- Why being sustainable doesn’t have to be at the expense of being profitable.
- The importance of education in creating a productive nation.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Education is the number one thing to promote a highly productive nation.” – Uma Gopaldass
- “Being sustainable is not at the expense of being profitable.” – Gareth Evans
- “Community needs to be able to power themselves, support themselves, sustain themselves. Education is key and everything we use needs to go back and be used again.” – Uma Gopaldass
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share the Love:
If you like the Renewable Rides podcast…